Not too long ago, I was introduced to Disqus for leaving comments. I do enjoy the idea of tracking threads and discussions from a central tool and the notification mechanism. Additionally, I just started getting my first spam comments on my previous posts. (I guess that means I’m a really-real blogger now!)
I’d much rather people were able to leave comments without admin review and were from a trustworthy source, so I decided to go ahead and try setting up Disqus on my blog.
Some quick Google-Fu brought up some tutorials. Here are the steps straight from Disqus.com: Link
- In the left panel of your WordPress admin, select Plugins > Add New
- Search for “Disqus” and find the plugin provided by “Disqus”.
- Select Install Now > Activate Plugin
- Proceed with the onscreen install instructions.
- Log into your Disqus account, then choose the forum shortname you would like to install.
Setting this up was ridiculously easy and took me a total of about five minutes. If any of you have ideas for other centralized commenting or have any questions or comments, please feel free to add them here or address them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for looking in!